At Training Express, we look to inspire individuals who are ready to make the most out of their personal and professional lives. To do that, we look to build up your base of knowledge on a range of topics. One of the most important topics within the hospitality industry in the UK, for example, is the Food Safety Act. How can the Act have an impact on your life?
If you are connected to a food or hospitality business in the United Kingdom, you need to be aware of the Food Safety Act 1990. Following the guidelines of the legislation, you can ensure best practices for your business. Moreover, the basic knowledge of the law can save you from a food safety fiasco.
The Food Safety Act: Key aspects
Violation of the Food Safety Act: The consequences
A serious matter of food safety might lead to the discontinuation of your business. However, a claim on the basis of the Food Safety Act 1990 gives you the option of argument on due diligence grounds. It is a legal way of defending yourself against food safety claims.
Although your customer had a negative experience, you might have done everything required to prevent the mishap. Defective food, for example, can be the fault of a supplier or a trader. In any case, you can show evidence that you took all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your clients.
Due diligence: What is it all about?
Further actions for food safety
We recommend that you take a look at our food safety courses here at Training Express. These could play a leading role in helping you to overcome any potential risks. If you are worried about the potential risk of censure due to an incident, though, you should definitely look to further evaluate your use of due diligence with regards to food preparation and safety.
Read more on our blog
- Food Hygiene: Tips to Achieve the 5 Star Rating You Need
- Quick Guide To Food Hygiene And Safety For Restaurants
- 7 Steps to Improve Your Problem Solving Skills
- 10 Basic Business Etiquette’s You Should Follow To Show Professionalism
- Safeguarding Children: The Children Protection Policy at Schools
- Strategic Planning for a Successful Business
- Top 10 Organisational Skills That Every Employers Value
- Importance of HACCP certification: How can it help in a food business?
- Keto Diet For Beginners: Ultimate Guide To Getting Started
- Basic Personal Hygiene Habits To Practice In Daily Life